August 24, 2011

Rounded Fabric Flower Tutorial

Alright here comes my next fabric flower. I don't know what to call it, so if you have any suggestions let me know;) This one is extremely easy.

  • Again start out by picking fabric of choice. 

*For this flower you can use ANY fabric you want. Just know the thicker the fabric, the harder to pull your needle through:)

  • Next cut at at least 5 circles out of your fabric. (I have done 6 or 7 before and it still looks just as cute.) You pick what size  you want the circles to be; they just need to all be the same size. One of my circles is slightly smaller than the rest, but it doesn't make that big of a difference in the end.

  • Now pick thread that matches/blends in with the fabric of choice. I used red here so it can be seen a little better through the pictures. Fold one circle in half. Start hand sewing the outside edge of the half circle like this:

  • Now pull the thread tight so it looks like this:
This is what each petal will look like.
  • Continue to do this to each circle until it looks like this:

  • Next attach the end petals together by stitching the outside edges together (do it at least 3 times and secure it in the back).
  • Now you can embellish the flower however you like! You can add a rolled rosette to the middle (tutorial coming soon), a cute button, beads, pearls, etc. This beauty about this flower is how versatile it can be. Another variation is the pointed fabric flower. I will also be creating a tutorial for this one.
After adorning my flower, I cut a felt circle and glued it on the bottom along with an alligator clip and brooch pin.



Have a wonderful day!



No comments:

Post a Comment